Shifnal Local History Group
We are local people from all walks of life but with a common interest in the history of Shifnal.
What do we do:-
– We look after and develop the local history exhibition at the Old Fire Station in Shrewsbury Road
– Working in pairs we open up the exhibition twice a week and welcome the many visitors who come through the door.
– We organise special events to mark national and local events.
– We are continually researching aspects of Shifnal’s history.
– We catalogue and organise donations of photographs, objects and information.
– We respond to requests for information, often from abroad.
– We are members of the Wrekin Local Studies Forum and the Shropshire Museums Forum
We welcome new members to come and join us. If you are interested in all or any aspect of our work – please contact us via this website or pay us a visit at the exhibition to learn more.